Document Type : Original Article
Department of Physics, University of Hormozgan, Bandar-e-Abbas, Iran
In this research, squeezing fragility due to thermal bath, in quantum squeezed state generation, is simulated. For this purpose, single mode dissipative cavity with non-zero second-order susceptibility is used. Cavity nonlinear medium is driving by laser pump with known frequency, and pairs of identical photons are created, with one-half frequency of driving pump. This process known as degenerate parametric down conversion. In the absence of any dissipation, simulation shows linear time dependent squeezing parameter, which is in agreement with theoretical results. In two photon loss of cavity in contact with cold reservoir, competition between gain and two photon loss, results in stable squeezing of initial vacuum, in steady state of system. At the end, has been shown that, non-zero thermal reservoir, omits the squeezing and leads the final cavity field to the thermal mixture of Fock states.
- K Vogel، V Akulin، and W Schleich, P Rev. Lett. 71 (1993) 1816.
- V Dodonov Opt. B. 4 )2002( R1
- V V Dodonov and V I Man'ko, "Theory of nonclassical states of light", CRC Press (2003).
- D F Walls Nature 324 (1986) 210
- D F Walls Nature 306 (1983) 141
- L-A Wu, M Xiao, and H Kimble, Opt. Soc. Am. A 4 (1987) 1465.
- R Schnabel, Rep 684 (2017) 1.
- L-A Wu, H Kimble, J Hall, and H Wu, Rev. Lett. 57 (1986) 2520
- R E Slusher, L W Hollberg, B Yurke, J C Mertz, and J F Valley, Rev. Lett. 55 (1985) 2409
- M C Teich and B E Saleh, J Phys. Today 43 (1990) 26.
- H P Yuen and J H Shapiro, Lett. 4 (1979) 334.
- H Vahlbruch, M Mehmet, K Danzmann, and R Schnabel, Rev. Lett. 117 (2016) 110801.
- C M Caves Phys. Rev. D 23 (1981) 1693.
- Y V Sidorov EPL 10 (1989) 415.
- H Grote, K Danzmann, K Dooley, R Schnabel, J Slutsky, and H Vahlbruch, Rev. Lett. 110 (2013) 181101
- B A Bambah and M V Satyanarayana, Theor. Phys. Supp 86 (1986) 377.
- N B An, Rev. B 48 (1993) 11732
- C Gerry, P Knight and P L Knight "Introductory quantum optics", Cambridge university press (2005).
- P D Drummond and Z Ficek, "Quantum squeezing" vol 27: Springer Science & Business Media (2013).
- L Gilles, B M Garraway, and P L Knight, Rev. A 49 1994 2785.
- L Mandel, Lett. 4 (1979) 205.