Document Type : Original Article
Department of Physics, Atomic Energy Commission of Syria, Damascus, Syria
ZnS film has been deposited on PbS buffer layer using thermal evaporation, the ZnS film has nanostructure (nanowires) due to effect of PbS which play role of catalyst. This growth for non doped films have dense structure (for PbS and ZnS films). SEM morphology of ZnS/PbS, ZnS and PbS have been studied in details (surface and cross section). Atomic force microscopy (AFM) used to characterized the thins films (ZnS and PbS). X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and EDX techniques have utilized to know the chemical and stoichiometry of deposited films. The crystallographic properties have been studied using XRD patterns, it found that the results in Raman and XRD characterization have a good agreement. UV-Vis spectroscopy is used to acquire an idea about optical properties of thin films deposited on glass substrate. The deposited ZnS nanowires and thin film have hexagonal phase, which indicate to the buffer layer, which does not affects the structural but changes the growth mechanism. High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscope (HRTEM) images have confirmed the formation of ZnS nanowires.
- B Abdallah, M Kakhia, and N Alkafri Investigation of zns nanotubes films: Morphological, structural and optical properties. Journal of Nano Research. 60 (2019)
- S Al-Khawaja, B Abdallah, S Abou Shaker, and M Kakhia, Thickness effect on stress, structural, electrical and sensing properties of (002) preferentially oriented undoped zno thin films. Composite Interfaces. 22 (3) (2015) 221.
- A S Vishnoi, R Kumar, and A Singh BP, Effect of substrate on physical properties of pulse laser deposited zno thin films. Journal of Intense Pulsed Lasers and Applications in Advanced Physics. 4 (1) (2014).
- B Abdallah, K Mahmoud, and Z Walaa, Alkafri MN. Synthesizing of zns and zno nanotubes films deposited by thermal evaporation: Morphological, structural and optical properties. Materials Research Express .(2019).
- B Abdallah, AK Jazmati, and M Kakhia, Physical, optical and sensing properties of sprayed zinc doped tin oxide films. Optik. 158 (2018) 1113.
- A Basak, A Hati, and A Mondal, Singh UP, Taheruddin SK. Effect of substrate on the structural, optical and electrical properties of sns thin films grown by thermal evaporation method. Thin Solid Films. 645 (2018) 97.
- AK Jazmati, B Abdallah, and F Lahlah, and S Abou Shaker, Photoluminescence and optical response of zno films deposited on silicon and glass substrates. Materials Research Express. 6 (8) (2019) 086401.
- K Alnama, B Abdallah, and S Kanaan, Deposition of zns thin film by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis: Effect of thickness on the crystallographic and electrical properties. Composite Interfaces. 24 (5) (2017)
- S Rahmane, B Abdallah, A Soussou, E Gautron, P-Y Jouan, L Le Brizoual, N Barreau, A Soltani, and MA Djouadi. Epitaxial growth of zno thin films on aln substrates deposited at low temperature by magnetron sputtering. physica status solidi (a). 207 (7) (2010)
- B Abdallah and MS Rihawy, Ion beam measurements for the investigation of tin thin films deposited on different substrates by vacuum arc discharge. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms. 441 (2019)
- B Abdallah, C Duquenne, MP Besland, E Gautron, PY Jouan, PY Tessier, J Brault, Y Cordier, and MA Djouadi, Thickness and substrate effects on aln thin film growth at room temperature. Eur Phys J Appl Phys. 43 (3) (2008)
- B Abdallah, K Alnama, and F Nasrallah, Deposition of zns thin films by electron beam evaporation technique, effect of thickness on the crystallographic and optical properties. Modern Physics Letters B. 33 (04) (2019) 1950034.
- AK Jazmati and B Abdallah, Optical and structural study of zno thin films deposited by rf magnetron sputtering at different thicknesses: A comparison with single crystal. Materials Research (2018).
- B Abdallah, AK Jazmati, and R Refaai, Oxygen effect on structural and optical properties of zno thin films deposited by rf magnetron sputtering. Materials Research. 20 (3) (2017) 607.
- D Himadri, D Pranayee, SK Kumar. Synthesis of pbs nanoparticles and its potential as a biosensor based on memristic properties. Journal of Nanoscience and Technology. 4 (5) (2018) 500.
- PJ Vikesland and KR Wigginton, Nanomaterial enabled biosensors for pathogen monitoring- a review. Environmental Science & Technology. 44 (10) (2010) 3656.
- K Alnama, B Abdallah, and S Kanaan. Deposition of zns thin film by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis: Effect of thickness on the crystallographic and electrical properties. Composite Interfaces. 24 (5) (2016) 499.
- F Kurnia, Ng YH, Y Tang, R Amal, N Valanoor, JN Hart, Zns thin films for visible-light active photoelectrodes: Effect of film morphology and crystal structure. Crystal Growth & Design. 16 (5) (2016) 2461.
- B Abdallah, MD Zidan, and A Allahham, Deposition zns films by rf magnetron sputtering: Structural and optical properties sing z-scan technique. dend to Journal (2019).
- D Mendil, F Challali, T Touam, A Chelouche, AH Souici, S Ouhenia, and D Djouadi, Influence of growth time and substrate type on the microstructure and luminescence properties of zno thin films deposited by rf sputtering. Journal of Luminescence. 215 (2019)
- AK Jazmati, B Abdallah, Optical and structural study of zno thin films deposited by rf magnetron sputtering at different thicknesses: A comparison with single crystal. Materials Research. 21 (2018).
- P Hazra, SK Singh, and S Jit, Impact of surface morphology of si substrate on performance of si/zno heterojunction devices grown by atomic layer deposition technique. Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A: Vacuum, Surfaces, and Films. 33 (1) (2014) 01A114.
- Fu YQ, L Garcia-Gancedo, HF Pang, S Porro, YW Gu, J K Luo XTZ, F Placido, JIB Wilson, AJ Flewitt, W I Milne, Microfluidics based on zno/nanocrystalline diamond surface acoustic wave devices. Biomicrofluidics. 6 (024105) (2012). 024101.
- B Abdallah, M Kakhia, Zetoune, and W Structural, optical and sensing properties of zns thick films deposited by rf magnetron sputtering technique at different powers. World Journal of Engineering. 17 (3) (2020) 381.
- S Rahmane, B Abdallah, A Soussou, E Gautron, PY Jouan, L Le Brizoual, N Barreau, A Soltani, MA Djouadi, Epitaxial growth of zno thin films on aln substrates deposited at low temperature by magnetron sputtering. Physica Status Solidi (a). 207 (7) (2010) 1604.
- C Duquenne, MA Djouadi, PY Tessier, PY Jouan, MP Besland, C Brylinski, R Aubry, S Delage, Epitaxial growth of aluminum nitride on algan by reactive sputtering at low temperature. Applied Physics Letters. 93 (5) (2008)
- B Abadllah, B Assfour, M Kakhia, and A Bumajdad. Hrtem, xps and xrd characterization of zns/pbs nanorods prepared by thermal evaporation technique. Nanosystems: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. 11 (5) (2020) 1.
- J Alyones, M Salameh, and B Abdallah, Investigation of pressure effect on structural, mechanical properties and corrosion performance of crn thin films. Silicon (2019).
- B Abdallah, and S Al-Khawaja, Optical and electrical characterization of (002) preferentially oriented n-zno/p-si heterostructure. Acta Physica Polonica 128 (2015) 283.
- GT Mazitova, KI Kienskaya, DA Ivanova, IA Belova, IA Butorova, MV Sardushkin, Synthesis and properties of zinc oxide nanoparticles: Advances and prospects. Review Journal of Chemistry. 9 (2) (2019) 127.
- TS Shyju, S Anandhi, R Sivakumar, R Gopalakrishnan, Studies on lead sulfide (pbs) semiconducting thin films deposited from nanoparticles and its nlo application. International Journal of Nanoscience. 13 (01) (2014) 1450001.
- J Serrano, AH Romero, FJ Manjón, R Lauck, M Cardona, and A Rubio, Pressure dependence of the lattice dynamics of zno: An ab initio approach. Physical Review B. 69 (9) (2004) 094306.