Document Type : Original Article
Department of Physics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Collagen fibers can both inhibit and promote cellular migration, based on their orientation. Physical models such as Random walk can regenerate cellular migration. As such, we proposed a model based on (biased) random walk to study migration on collagen fibers. We took mean squared displacement as the determinant factor for metastatic risk and found that direction of fibers, spatial correlations and migration mode together regulate the risk and we proposed an approach to quantify an existing prognostic approach.
- D Hanahan and R A Weinberg, Cell 144 (2011) 646.
- C L Chaffer and R A Weinberg, Science 331 6024 (2011) 1559.
- A Case, et al., PloS one 12, 7 (2017) p.e0180448.
- R J Petrie, A D Doyle and K M Yamada, Nature Reviews Molecular cell biology 10, 8 (2009) 538.
- M W Conklin, J C Eickhoff, K M Riching, C A Pehlke, K W Eliceiri, P P Provenzano, A Friedl, and P J Keely, The American journal of pathology 178, 3 (2011) 1221.
- A Ray, R K Morford, N Ghaderi, D J Odde, and P P Provenzano, Integrative biology 10, 2 (2018) 100..
- T H Keitt, Landscape Ecology 15, 5 (2000) 479.
- A Stevens and H G Othmer, SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics 57, 4 (1997) 1044.