Document Type : Original Article
1 Department of Physics, University of Sistan and Baluchestan, Sistan and Baluchestan, Iran
2 Department of Physics, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
In this study the nonlinear optical properties of Eosin-B dye nanoparticles were studied using the scanning-fluorescence spectrophotometer and fluorometer method. The nano water droplet in the oil medium is prepared by a combination of hexane and surfactant water, which is painted inside the drop by Eosin-B. The droplet size was studied on a nonlinear refractive index using a 532 nm laser with a scanning power of 80 mW. The results show that the surface effects on the nano-droplets cause the droplets to have a larger nonlinear refractive index. This change was due to a decrease in the accumulation of dyes inside the droplet as well as a decrease in the polarity of the drop solvent relative to the water solvent.
- J B Adams, “Interpretation of Visible and Near-infrared Diffuse Reflectance Spectra of Pyroxenes and other Rock-forming Minerals, in Infrared and Raman Spectroscopy of Lunar and Terrestrial Minerals”, Academic Press, New York (1975).
- P N Butcher, “Nonlinear Optical Phenomena”. Ohio State Univ. Engineering Publication, Columbus (1965).
- S P Moulik, Current Science Association. 71 (1996) 368.
- U Breachmann, “Lambda chrome Laser Dyes”, Lambda Physik AG, Gottingen, (2000).
- A Skoog, D M West, F J Holler, and S R Crouch, “Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry: Nelson Education”, Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry: 9th ed, (2013).
- A A Amar, N Garti, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 33 (2004) 220.
- J L Salager, "Surfctants Types and Uses", Mérida-Venezuela (2002).
- M A Van Dijk, J G H Joosten, Y K Levine, and D Bedeaux, The Journal of Physical Chemistry (1989) 2506.
- N Karimi, S Sharif, S S Parhizgar, and S M Elahi, Solvatochomic and Nonlinear Optical Properties of Eosin B in Solvents and AOT/Water/Heptane, (2018).