Document Type : Original Article
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Larestan, Lar, Iran
- In this paper, a method for generating transverse band (UWB) pulses, the basis of which is a large-scale interferometer with a resonator of small silicone rings capable of changing paired configuration, is reported. Single-cycle, dual-bandwidth signals are generated at the time of the Picosecond pulse, and the small ring amplifier is modulated with square and Gaussian electric pulses, respectively. Microwave photonic systems that work with large optical components suffer from large size, high energy consumption, high cost, and vulnerability to environmental disturbances. Therefore, it is highly desirable to assemble the microwave photonic system on a single chip to make it more compact, cheap, and low-consumption. They have a low spectrum. One of its applications is in short-range wireless telecommunications and high power for wireless transmission of large multimedia data. It can also be used in low speed and power mode for IoT applications such as precision internal positioning. Unlike the WiFi or Bluetooth distance estimation, which is based on signal intensity, the bandwidth signal has a very narrow pulse width, similar to the radar pulse, which enables it to estimate the position using pulse forward time and 10 cm accuracy. With an intensified modulator based on silicon photonics, one can very hopefully generate an adjustable microwave signal on the chip.
- D Marpaung, J Yao, and, J Capmany, Nature Photonics 13, 2 (2019) 80.
- W Zhang and J Yao, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics 52, 1 (2016) 1.
- J Yao, F Zeng, and Q Wang, Journal of Lightwave Technology 25, 11 (2007) 3219.
- Q Sun, L Zhou, L Lu, G Zhou, and J.Chen, IEEE Photonics Journal 10, 6 (2018) 6602612.
- R Yang, L Zhou, M Wang, H Zhu, and J Chen, Frontier of optoelectronics 9, 3 (2016) 483.
- Y Zhong et al., Photonics Research 5, 6 (2017) 689.
- L Zhuang, C G H Roeloffzen, A Meijerink, M Burla, and W C V Etten, Journal of Lightwave Technology 28, 1 (2009) 19.
- J Yao, IEEE Microwave Magazine, 10, 4 (2009) 82.
- F Li, , Chips on indoor positioning and navigation, the key technology of intellectual devices of next generation.Available:https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/VswdBtAifrpx69t7xG-ppw (2019).
- Fed. Commun. Commission, Revision of Part 15 of the Commission’s Rules Regarding Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems, Apr. 2002. Tech. Rep., ET-Docket 98-153, FCC02-48.
- FIRA. What UWB Does. Available: https://www.firaconsortium.org/discover/what-uwb-does.
- J Li et al., Optics Letters 33, 3 (2008) 288.
- E Zhou, X Xu, K Lui, and K K. Wong, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters 22, 14 (2010) 1063.
- L Pengxiao, C Hongwei, C Minghua, and X Shizhong, IEEE Photonics Journal 4, 3 (2012) 805.
- , F Zeng and Y Jianping, IEEE photonics technology letters 18,19 (2006): 2062-2064.
- Q Wang and J Yao, Optics Express 15, 22 (2007) 14667.
- M Shehata, H Mostafa, and Y Ismail, Journal of Lightwave Technology 36, 10 (2018) 2017.
- H Feng et al., IEEE Photonics Journal, 6, 2 (2014) 1.
- M Hongqian, W Muguang, and J Shuisheng, 15th International Conference on Optical Communications and Networks (ICOCN), (2016).
- L Tsung-Yang et al., IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 19, 2 (2013) 8200312.
- S T Abraha, C M Okonkwo, E Tangdiongga, and A M Koonen, Optics letters, 36, 12 (2011) 2363.
- B Luo, J Dong, Y Yu, and X Zhang, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters 24, 18 (2012) 1646.
- Y Yue et al., Optics Letters, 37, 4, 551. Y Yue, H Huang, L Zhang, J Wang, J-Yuan Yang, O F Yilmaz, J S Levy, M Lipson, and A E Willner, Optics Letters 37, 4 (2012) 551.
- Q Wang and J Yao, Electronics Letters 42, 22 (2006) 1304.
- V Moreno, M Rius, J Mora, M A Muriel, and J Capmany, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters 26, 7 (2014) 690.
- M Rius, V Moreno, J Mora, M A Muriel, and J Capmany, 15th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON), 2013,
- H Shao, W Chen, Y Zhao, H Chi, J Yang, and X Jiang, Optics Express 20, 7 (2012) 7398.
- K Xu et al., IEEE Photonics Technology Letters 28, 3 (2016) 248.
- L Zhou and A W Poon, Optics Letters, 32, 7 (2007) 781.
- M F Limonov, M V Rybin, A N Poddubny, and Y S. Kivshar, Nature Photonic 11 (2017) 543.
- G. Zhou, L. Zhou, Y. Zhou, Y. Zhong, S. Liu, Y. Guo, L. Liu, J. Chen, "Silicon Mach-Zehnder modulator using a highly-efficient L-Shape PN junction" Tenth International Conference on Information Optics and Photonics (CIOP 2018.