Document Type : Original Article
Department of Physics, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Interior design, engineering, and the configuration of materials used in photo-anode systems play key roles in the photovoltaic performance of dye solar cells. In this study, the photo-anodes of dye sensitized solar cells were fabricated based on TiO2, ZnO and SnO2 nanoparticles separately using doctor Blade method on the transparent conductive oxide as substrates, then sensitized with N719 dye. Due to the fact that the dye plays the role of photon absorption, different photo-anode oxides were placed in a N719 dye solution over a different time period. Based on current-voltage curve, efficiency parameter, short-circuit current density, open circuit voltage, and fill factor of the cells were obtained. The results of current-voltage characterization indicate that the best time for the N719 dye loading for the TiO2 and SnO2 layers is 20 h and for the ZnO layer is 1 h.
- Dhafina, Wan Almaz, et al., Optik 172 (2018) 28.
- R Zhao, et al., Journal of Alloys and Compounds 769 (2018) 92.
- B Oregano and M Gràtzel, Nature 353 (1991) 737.
- B Qifeng Zhang, et al., Adv. Mater. 21 (2009) 4087.
- K. Hwanga, et al. Nano Energy 16 (2015) 383.
- Bube, Richard H. Photovoltaic materials. 1. World Scientific, (1998).
- M Grätzel, Inorganic chemistry 44, 20 (2005) 6841.
- D Maheswari and D Sreenivasan Applied Solar Energy 51 (2015) 112.
- R Van de Koral, et al., Journal of Materials Chemistry 18, 20 (2008) 2311.
10. Z Li, et al., Advanced Materials for Clean Energy 59 (2014) 2122.
11. M Borgwardt, et al. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 119 ,17 (2015) 9099.
12. M Ahmad, et al., Ionics 24, 10 (2018) 3271.
13. A Carella, et al., Frontiers in chemistry 6 (2018) 481.
14. Ch Wei-Chen, et al., Nanoscale Research Letters 7, 1 (2012) 688.
15. K Jin-Kyoung, et al. Current Applied Physics 10, 3 (2010) S418.
16. P V V Jayaweera. et al., Inorganica Chimica Acta 361, 3 (2008) 707.
17. F Yamin, et al., Journal of Solid State Chemistry 190 (2012) 303.