Document Type : Original Article
Department of Physics, University of Qom, Qom, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, University of Qom, Qom, Iran
In this paper, we investigate optical properties of silver ellipsoid nanostructures (SENs) by means of discrete dipole approximation (DDA), when these nanoparticles are embedded into the water. Absorption, scattering and extinction cross-sections of the SENs were calculated by change of incident wavelength in visible and near infrared region. Moreover, height, wavelength and full width at half maximum (FWHM) of extinction cross-section peaks (due to plasmon resonances) were studied by change of nanostructure's size and dielectric constant of medium. Our results show that, there are only two peaks of transverse dipole and longitudinal dipole modes in this spectrum.
- O VSalata, Nanobiotechnology 4, 2 (2004) 3.
- C J Murphy, A M Gole, J W Stone, P N Sisco, A M Alkilany, E C Goldsmith, and S C Baxter, Accounts Chem. Res., 41, 12 (2008) 1721.
- M Homberger and U Simon, Trans. R. Soc. Math. Phys. Eng. Sci. 368, 1915 (2010) 1405.
- J Conde, J Rosa, J C Lima, and P V Baptista, J. Photoenergy 2012 (2011) 619530.
- M C Daniel and D Astruc, Rev. 104, 1 (2004) 293.
- M A Yurkin and A G Hoekstra, Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transf 106, 1 (2007) 558.
- M A Yurkin and A G.Hoekstra, Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transf. 112, 13 (2011) 2234.
- P J Flatau and B T Draine, Opt Soc Am. 11 (1994) 1491.
- B T Draine, P J Flatau, User Guide for the discrete dipole approximation code DDSCAT 2. (2012) <http://www.arxiv.org/abs/1202.3424>.
- V L Loke, M P Mengüc, and T A Nieminen, Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transf. 112, 11 (2011) 1711.
- R Schmehl, B M Nebeker, and E D Hirleman, Josa, 14, 11 (1997) 3026.
- I Ayrancı, R Vaillon, and N Selcuk, Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transf. 103 1 (2007) 83.
- A L González and C Noguez, Comput. Theor. Nanosci. 4, 2 (2007) 231.
- C F Bohren and D R Huffman, “Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles”, John Wiley & Sons.Inc., New York, (1983).
- M Wahbeh. “Discrete-Dipole-Approximation (DDA) study of the plasmon resonance in single and coupled spherical silver nanoparticles in various configurations”, Concordia University (2011).
- M Quinten, “Optical properties of nanoparticle systems: Mie and beyond”, John Wiley & Sons (2010).
- A Moroz, Josa B 26 3 (2009) 517.
- A Wokaun, J P Gordon, and P F Liao, Rev. Lett. 48, 14 (1982) 957.