Document Type : Original Article
University of Qom, Qom, Iran
Recently, the production of high-speed ions has attracted the attention of researchers because of the important applications in fusion and medicine applications. In this study, the production of energetic ions of tens of giga electron-volts in the interaction of a femtosecond laser with a very thin layer of plasma has been investigated using Particle in Cell LIPIC ++ Code. Access to such energetic ions become possible by using a two color laser beam including the first and third harmonics and by means of the proper selection of many effective factors such as the ratio of intensities and relative phases of the two harmonics, material, charge and thickness of the target, angle of the incident pulse , the duration and intensity of the laser pulse, and the density of the plasma. The intensity of the laser is not relatively high in respect to the rate of acceleration, and it can be hoped that the proposed conditions will be appropriate way to produce highly energetic ions with energies greater than 35 GeV.
- K Shimoda, et al., Appl opt 1 (1962) 33
- T Tajima, Rev. Lett. 43 (1979) 267
- L Di Lucchio, A A Andreev, and P Gibbon, Physics of plasmas 22, 5 (2015) 053114.
- L. Clark, Phys. Rev. Lett. 84 (2000) 670
- Maksimchuk, Phys. Rev. Lett. 84 (2000) 4108
- R A Snavely, Rev. Lett. 85 (2000) 2945
- S C Wilks, phys Plasmas 8 (2001) 542
- T Zh Esirkepov, Rev. Lett. 98 (2007) 049503
- A A Sahai, Rev. E (2013) 043105
- A Higginson, Nature 9 (2018) 724
- S Steinke, et al., Physical Review Special Topics-Accelerators and Beams 16, 1 (2013) 011303.
- A Sgattoni, S Sinigardi, and A Macchi. Applied Physics Letters 105, 8 (2014) 084105.
- B Qiao, et al., Physical review letters 102, 14 (2009) 145002.
- D Jung, et al., Physics of plasmas 20, 8 (2013) 083103.
- S Bagchi, et al., Physics of Plasmas 28, 2 (2021) 023108.
- R Litchters, et al., Phys. Plasmas 3 (1996) 3437
- A Macchi, C Livi, and A Sgattoni. Journal of Instrumentation 12, 04 (2017) C04016.
- X Z Wu, et al., Physics of Plasmas 28, 2 (2021) 023102.
- X F Shen, et al., Applied Physics Letters 114, 14 (2019) 144102.