Document Type : Research Note
Department of Physics, Faculty of Environment, Urmia University of Technology, Urmia, Iran
Quantum theory sets a bound on the speed of quantum evolution. The shortest time needed for a quantm system to evolve from an initial state to the target state is known as the quantum speed limit time. The study of this time in open and closed quantum systems has been the subject of much work in quantum information theory. Quantum speed limit time is inversely related to the evolution rate of a quantum process. This relation is such that the speed of evolution decreases with increasing quantum speed limit time and vice versa. In this work we study the QSL time for the case in which a qubit interacts with a quantum critical environment. We choose the environment to be an Ising spin chain in a transverse field. It is observed that for the quantum speed limit time has a direct relation with quantum coherence of the initial state of the system. We will also study the effect of perturbation coupling on quantum speed limit time. It is observed that the quantum speed limit time decreases with increasing the coupling parameter. It is also observed that the quantum speed limit time decreases with increasing the number of spin in spin chain.
- J D Bekenstein, Rev. Lett. 46 (1981) 623.
- V Giovanetti, S Lloyd, and L Maccone, Photonics 5 (2011) 222.
- Lloyd, Phys. Rev. Lett. 88 (2002) 237901.
- T Caneva, M Murphy, T Calarco, R Fazio, S Montangero, V Giovannetti, and G E Santoro, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103 (2009)
- A Uhlmann, Lett. A 161 (1992) 329.
- P Pfeifer, Rev. Lett. 70 (1993) 3365.
- V Giovannetti, S Lloyd, and L Maccone, Rev. A 67 (2003) 052109.
- P Pfeifer and J Frohlich, Mod. Phys. 67 (1995) 759.
- H F Chau, Rev. A 81 (2010) 062133.
- S Deffner and E Lutz, Phys. A Math. Theor. 46 (2013) 335302.
- L Mandelstam, I Tamm, Phys. (USSR) 9 (1945) 249.
- N Margolus and L B Levitin, D 120 (1998) 188.
- E B Davies, “Quantum Theory of Open Systems”, Academic Press, London, (1976).
- R Alicki, K Lendi, “Quantum Dynamical Semigroups and Applications”, 286 Springer, Berlin (1987).
- H P Breuer and F Petruccione, “The Theory of Open Quantum Systems”, Oxford University Press, Oxford, (2002).
- T Fogarty, S Deffner, T Busch, and S Campbell, Rev. Lett. 124 (2020) 110601.
- O Lychkovskiy, O Gamayun, and V Cheianov, Rev. Lett. 119 (2017) 200401.
- R Puebla, S Deffner, and S Campbell, Rev. Research 2 (2020) 032020.
- P M Poggi, arXiv:2002. (2020) 11147.
- F Campaioli, W Sloan, K Modi, and F A Pollock, Rev. A 100 (2019) 062328.
- D P Pires, M Cianciaruso, L C C´eleri, G Adesso, and D O Soares-Pinto, Rev. X 6 (2016) 021031.
- M M Taddei, B M Escher, L Davidovich, and R L De Matos Filho, Rev. Lett. 110 (2013).
- A del Campo, I L Egusquiza, M B Plenio, and S F Huelga, Rev. Lett. 110 (2013) 050403.
- S Deffner and E Lutz, Rev. Lett. 111 (2013) 010402.
- Z Sun, J Liu, J Ma, and X Wang, Rep. 5 (2015) 8444.
- D Mondal, C Datta, and S Sazim, Lett. A 380 (2016) 689.
- P J Jones and P Kok, Rev. A 82 (2010) 022107.
- Y J Zhang,W Han, Y J Xia, J P Cao, and H Fan, Rep. 4 (2014) 4890.
- N Mirkin, F Toscano, and D A Wisniacki, Rev. A 94 (2016).
- R Uzdin and R Kosloff, EPL (Europhysics Letters) 115 (2016) 40003.
- L Zhang, Y Sun, and S Luo, Lett. A 382 (2018) 2599.
- J Teittinen, H Lyyra, and S Maniscalco, New J. Phys. 21 (2019) 123041.
- A Ektesabi, N Behzadi, and E Faizi, Rev. A 95 (2017) 022115.
- X Cai and Y Zheng, Rev. A 95 (2017) 052104.
- S Deffner, New J. Phys. 19 (2017) 103018.
- S X.Wu and C S Yu, Rev. A 98 (2018) 042132.
- K Funo, N Shiraishi, and K Saito, New J. Phys. 21 (2019) 013006.
- D C Brody and B Longstaff, Rev. Research, 1 (2019) 033127.
- F Campaioli, F A Pollock, and K Modi, Quantum 3 (2019) 168.
- T Van Vu and Y Hasegawa (2020) arXiv:2005.02871.
- F Campaioli, C s Yu, F A Pollock, and K Modi, (2020), arXiv:2004.03078.
- H T Quan, Z Song, X F Liu, P Zanardi and C P Sun Rev. Lett. 96 (2006) 140604.
- Z Xi, X M Lu, Z Sun and Y Li, Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 44 (2011) 215501
- Y B Wei, J Zou, Z M Wang and B Shao, Scientific Reports 6 (2016) 19308.
- S Yin, J Song, and S Liu, 384. 16و 4 (2020) 126309.