Document Type : Original Article
1 Department of Physics, North Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
2 Department of Physics, College of Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
3 Department of Physics, Ilam Branch, Islamic Azad University, Ilam, Iran
In this article we show that a single transparent wedge or a plate with a wedge part can be used as a very simple and useful interferometer with numerous applications. This interferometer permits to modulate phase distribution on interference fringes to evaluate quantitatively the parallelism of a light beam and aberration of a wavefront, to specify the spectral line shape in a wide range, to measure the light wavelength and refractive indices of solids and liquids. In addition, it provides suitable beams for holographic study of phase objects and fabrication of diffraction gratings.
- R S Sirohi, “Introduction to Optical Metrology”, CRC Press (2016).
- P Hariharan, “Optical Interferometry”, 2nd”, Academic Press (2003).
- E Hecht, “Optics”, 5th ed., Pearson (2017).
- R S Sirohi, “Optical Methods of Measurement Whole field Techniques”, 2nd ed., CRC Press (2017).
- M Strojnik, G Paez, and M Mantravadi, “Optical Shop Testing”, D. Malacara, ch. 4, John Wiley (2007).
- M V R K Murty, Opt. 9 (1970) 1146.
- G Paez, M Strojnik, and G Garcia Torales, Opt. 39 (2000) 5172.
- M Amiri and M T Tavassoly, Commun. 272 (2007) 349.
- M T Tavassoly, M Amiri, A Darudi, R Aalipour, A Saber, and A R Moradi, Opt. Soc. Am. A 26 (2009) 540.
- M T Tavassoly, R Rezvani Naraghi, A Nahal, and Kh Hassani, Lett. 37 (2012) 1493.
- E V Basisty, and V A Komotskii, Electronics Letters 50 (2014) 693.
- D W E Noom, K S E Eikema, and S Witte, Lett. 39 (2014) 193.
- A Mahmoudi, Opt. 54 (2015) 7993.
- M T Tavassoly and H Salvdari, Opt. Soc. Am. A 35 (2018) 2094.
- S Ebrahimi, M Dashtdar, E Sanchez-Ortiga, M Martinez-Corral, and B Javidi, Phys. Lett. 112 (2018) 113701.
- S M A Hosseini-Saber, E A Akhlaghi, and A Saber, Lett. 45 (2020) 3478.
- H Hooshmand-Ziafi, M Dashtdar, and Kh Hassani, Lett. 45 (2020) 3737.
- J Choi, G M Perera, M D Aggarwal, R P Shukla, and M. V. Mantravadi, Opt. 34 (1995) 3628.
- M T Tavassoly and K Samavati, Opt. 53 (2014) 6612.
- V Saveljev, J Y Son, Y Kim, J G Park, and G Heo, Opt. Soc. Am. A 37 (2020) 336.
- K Samavati, M T Tavassoly and H Ghomi, Opt. 56 (2017) 324.
- J S Darlin, K V Sriram, M P Kothiyal, and R S Sirohi, Opt. 34 (1995) 2886.
- M T Tavassoly and A Darudi, commun. 175 (2000) 43.
- E A Akhlaghi, A Darudi and M T Tavassoly, Express 19 (17) (2011) 15976.
- R Yazdani and H Fallah, Opt. 21 (2019) 075702.
- R Yazdani and H Fallah, Opt. Soc. Am. B 35 (2018) 3063.
- Kh Jabbari Hassani and M T Tavassoly, Opt. 58 (2019) 5353.