Document Type : Original Article
Department of Physics, Shahid Beheshti University, 1983969411, Tehran, Iran
In this paper, we consider the four-dimensional electrodynamics with SIM(2) symmetry in a very special relativity framework. First, we examine the charge-conjugation symmetry of the action at the tree (classical) level and show that the action in this framework is charge-conjugation invariant. Then, to investigate perturbatively the preservation of charge-conjugation symmetry at the loop (quantum) level, we shall focus on one-loop graphs with an odd number of photon external lines. To this end, we use the effective action approach to obtain the general form of the photon odd-point function and study the behavior of the one and three-point function of the photon under the charge-conjugation transformation. Our analysis shows that the total amplitude of the one and three-point function vanishes and hence the charge-conjugation symmetry is preserved at the quantum level. Next, we use a non-perturbative method to show that this symmetry exists at the quantum level (to all orders) and the total amplitude of all photon's odd-point functions vanishes.
- S Weinberg, PoS CD 09 (2009) 001.
- G Amelino-Camelia, Living Rev. Relativ. 16, (2013) 5.
- V A Kostelecky and S Samuel, Rev. D 39 (1989) 683.
- S M Carroll, J A Harvey, V A Kostelecky, C D Lane and T Okamoto, Rev. Lett. 87 (2001) 141601.
- Jacobson, S. Liberati and D Mattingly, Ann Phys. 321 (2006) 150.
- V A Kostelecky, N Russell, Rev. Mod. Phys. 83 (2011) 11.
- D Colladay, V A Kostelecky, Phys. Rev. D 55 (1997) 6760.
- D Colladay, V A Kostelecky, Rev. D 58 (1998) 116002.
- G Cohen and S L Glashow, Rev. Lett. 97 (2006) 021601.
- G Cohen and S L Glashow, hep-ph/0605036.
- Y Fukuda et al., Rev. Lett. 81 (1998).
- Rabindra N Mohapatra and Goran Senjanovic, Rev. Lett. 44 (1980) 912.
- A C Nayak and P Jain, Rev. D 96,7 (2017) 075020, 1610.
- G Cohen and D Z Freedman, JHEP 07 (2007) 039.
- S Cheon, C Lee and S J Lee, Lett. B 679 (2009) 73.
- J Vohanka, Phys. Rev. D 85 (2012) 105009.
- J Alfaro, P Gonzalez and R Avila, Rev. D 91(2015) 105007.
- R Bufalo and M Ghasemkhani, Rev. D 100 (2019) 065024.
- R Bufalo and T Cardoso e Bufalo, Rev. D 100 (2019) 125017.
- Bufalo and M Ghasemkhani, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 37 (2022) 2250002.
- F Santos and Faqir C Khanna, Phys. J. C 80 (2020) 703.
- J Alfaro, Rev. D 103 (2021) 075011.
- F Santos and F C. Khanna, Phys. J. Plus 137 (2022) 101.
- J Alfaro and A Soto, Lett. B 797 (2019) 134923.
- R Bufalo, M Ghasemkhani, Z Haghgouyan, and A Soto, Phys. J. C 80 (2020) 1129.
- Z Haghgouyan, M Ghasemkhani, R Bufalo, and A Soto, Eur. Phys. J. Plus 137 (2022) 732.
- M E Peskin and D V Schroeder, “An introduction to quantum field theory”, Addison-Wesley (1995).
- W H Furry, Rev. 51 (1937) 125.
- J Alfaro, Rev. D 93, 6 (2016) 065033.