Document Type : Original Article
Vacuum Technology Research Group, ACECR, Sharif University Branch, Tehran, Iran
Department of Basic Sciences, Birjand University of Technology, Birjand, Iran
Nowadays, by expanding the application of thin layers in industry and medical sciences, their fabrication methods have also received attention. One of those methods is the vaporizing material method with the help of an electron gun. The most important part in the electron gun is the electron optic, which is responsible for producing and accelerating electrons, so that it becomes possible to vaporize refractory materials in a shorter period of time by better modifying and controlling the electron beam (the shape and diameter of the electron beam) at the target location. The reduction and control of the beam diameter in this evaporation source depends on various parameters such as device geometry, magnetic field intensity, electric power, etc. Therefore, in this research, the effect of those parameters was investigated by conducting experiments and using finite element and modeling software. The simulation results revealed that the effect of the effective parameters on the beam diameter can be predicted to a good extent, so that the diameter of the electron beam decreases by changing the geometrical shape, size and displacement of the output beam components. Then, the new electron gun, compared to the existing prototype, is optimized by applying these changes in the construction of the device and conducting experiments, and its beam diameter is reduced by 40% to be more focused.
- L Zhang, G Adam, B Militsyn, W He, and A W Cross, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices 67, 1 (2020) 347.
- D Koga, S Kusumi, M Shibata, and T Watanabe, Neuroanat. 15 (2021) 759804.
- C Deng, L Han, and Y Wang, Electronics 10, 6 (2021) 648.
- P Jansky, J Zlamal, B Lencova, M Zobac, I Vlcek, and T Radlicka, Vacuum 84 (2010)
- P S Wei and J Y Ho, J. Heat Mass Transfer. 33 (1990) 2207.
- M Iqbal, M Ayub, Z Majeed and H M Akram, Vacuum 85 (2011) 654.
- S Rezaee, A Arman, S Jurečka, A Grayeli Korpi, F Mwema, C Luna, D Sobola, S Kulesza, R Shakoury, M Bramowicz, and A Ahmadpourian, Superlattices and Microstructures 146 (2020) 106681.
- R Shakoury, A Arman, S Rezaee, A Grayeli Korpi, S Kulesza, C Luna, M Bramowicz, M Mardani, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 32, 1 (2021) 798.
- R Shakoury, N Talebani, A Zelati, Ş Ţălu, A Arman, S Mirzaei, and A Jafari, Optical and Quantum Electronics 54, 11 (2022)
- S Ramazanov, D Sobola, Ş Ţălu, F Orudzev, A Arman, P Kaspar, R Dallaev, and G Ramazanov, Microscopy research and technique 85, 4 (2022) 1300.
- A Pikin , E N Beebe, and D Raparia, Sci. Instrum. 84 (2013) 033303.
- K Huang, H Xu, Z Ren, T He, D Xu, NSRL, H Xu, “Design and Optimization of the Electron Gun”, 9th International Particle Accelerator Conference (2018).
- M Hoseinzade, and A Sadighzade, Chinese Physics C 40, 5 (2016)
- M Moghbalalhossein, E Bazvand, and A Ghalambordezfouli, of Nucl Sci. and Tech. 69 (2014) 76.
- M Nazari, F Abbasi, F Ghasemi, and M Jafarzadeh, , 7th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC 2016): Busan, Korea.
- S Ahmadian, F Abbasi Davani, and F Ghasemi, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering 39 (2014) 581. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-013-0818-4.
- N Maiti, U D Barve, M S Bhatia, and A K Das. Review of Scientific Instruments. 82 , 5(2011) 056106.
- G K Sahu, S Baruah and K B Thakur, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 390 (2012) 012050.
- Applied Charged Particle Optics, Helmut Liebl, Springer (2008).