Document Type : Original Article
. Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, Ahvaz-Iran
Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, Ahvaz-Iran Research Center for Laser and Plasma, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, Ahvaz- Iran
In spite of the incredible evolutions of advanced material characterization methods, this field of research faces different technical and scientific challenges. Thermal lens spectroscopy is known as a sensitive and nondestructive optical based technique to characterize the opto-thermal properties of materials and also to diagnose the impurities in the solutions. In this research, by engaging thermal lens spectroscopy, we investigate the thermal diffusivity coefficient of ultrathin silver layers, prepared by magnetron sputtering. For this propose, the Shen theoretical model is fitted to the obtained empirical signal and subsequently, the thermal diffusivity coefficient will be extracted. The results clearly show that, in the investigated interval thickness (<15nm), the thermal diffusivity coefficient increases by increasing the thickness. Furthermore, our findings reveal that in the very fine thickness region, the thermal diffusivity coefficient shows a fair dependence on the thickness of the silver layers. This might be explained by 2D behavior of the thermal diffusivity for ultrathin metal nanolayers.
- G Golan and A Axelevitch, Eng. 31 (2000) 469.
- M Khan and A Reza, Phys. 54 (1992) 204.
- J H Shin, J Y Song, and H M. Park, Lett. 63 (2009) 145.
- M Watanabe and K Kajikawa, Actuators B Chem. 89 (2003) 126.
- A Axelevitch, B Gorenstein, and G Golan, Procedia 32 (2012) 1.
- J Domaradzki, et al., Sci. -Pol. 34 (2016) 747.
- W P Leung and A C Tam, Lett. 9 (1984) 93.
- S E Bialkowski, "Photothermal spectroscopy methods for chemical analysis", John Wiley & Sons (1996).
- T Yamane, et al., Appl. Phys. 82 (1997) 1153.
- H Cabrera, et al., Phys. D 48 (2015) 465501.
- F Matroodi, H Cabrera, and D Korte, Res. Many. Sys. 9 (2020) 69.
- H Cabrera, et al., J. Heat Mass Transf. 158 (2020) 120036.
- T Higashi, T Imasaka, and N Ishibashi, Chem. 56 (1084) 2010.
- J Yoosefian and N Alizadeh, Chem. 90 (2018) 8227.
- J Shen, R D Lowe, and R D Snook, Phys. 165 (1992) 385.
- Bräuer, et al., Vacuum 84 (2010) 1354.
- I V Tudose, et al., "Chemical and physical methods for multifunctional nanostructured interface fabrication", Elsevier (2019).
- I Bidarvand, F Matroodi, and A M Ahadi, The 28th Optics and Photonics Conference of Iran and the 14th Photonics Engineering and Technology Conference of Iran (2000) (Persian).
- J Gong, et al., Rep. 5 (2015) 1.
- H Cabrera, A Marcano, and Y Castellanos, Matter Phys. 9 (2006) 385.
- M Benitez, A Marcano, and N Melikechi, Eng. 48 (2009) 043604.
- Z Sun, et al., Chem. Eng., 137319 (2022).
- A Riahi, N Ben–Cheikh, and A Campo, J. Energy Environ. Eng. 16 (2018) 1.
- O Elenitoba-Johnson, et al., Biotechniques 44 (2008) 487
- L Su, et al., Front. Mater. Sci. 6 (2019) 102.